Protecting your teeth from cavities starts with daily oral hygiene and healthy eating habits. Here are some further details on how you can prevent cavities for a lifelong healthy mouth:
– You can floss between your teeth to remove any plaque buildup or food residue that brushing simply can’t reach.
– Use toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash and other oral hygiene tools that were approved by your dentist, or which feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance on the package.
– Try to brush your teeth at least twice every single day.
– Be sure to book and attend at least two professional dental checkups every year.
– Evade sugary foods and drinks as these can be converted into harmful acids that cause dental erosion.
– Avoid products which crack your teeth, like hard candies, or products that stick around your mouth for too long, such as sticky and gummy sweets.
– Eat lots of tooth-healthy foods, including lean proteins like almonds or chicken, calcium-rich dairy like yogurt and cheese, and water-rich fruits and vegetables like apples and celery.
If you want to schedule an appointment with F. Todd Wortham & Seth Jorgensen and our team at Foothills Dentistry, please call 907-885-2436 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Anchorage, Alaska. With the help of our team, the pathway to a better smile can be yours.